I’m so sick of the right wing getting a free pass by the media. They need to be called out on their blatant lies and attacks. I had to post this because it is very true. The right are a bunch of hypocrites and it is astounding that this so-called “liberal” media hasn’t called them out on their hypocrisies. This Modern World by Tom Tomorrow nails it right on the head.
This is the legacy George W. Bush leaves behind. History will not be kind to the worst president in U.S. history. Looking back at the last 8 years it is amazing that this guy has not been charged for any of the numerous criminal activities he’s engaged in. What is really sad is that he probably never will be either. Nor will anyone in his administration. So very sad.
Just a quick thought. I really can’t believe the bill that the Bush administration is pushing Congress to pass is 3 pages in length. Doesn’t that seem, I don’t know, a little short when they are requesting $700 billion for a bailout? Shouldn’t there be a lot more to it? Shouldn’t there be pages upon pages of details on where this money is going, what’s going to happen to the companies, what will happen to the profits, regulation ideas so this won’t happen again? But it doesn’t. It’s three pages. My cell phone contract was at least twice as long. They want a blank check and what we get in return is a slip that says I.O.U. Pathetic.
I think we all heard about the three men that were caught plotting to assassinate Barack Obama in Denver. Well, it seems the FBI wanted to toughen the charges against the men to a charge of conspiracy but again, BushCo partisan politics stands in the way of justice. A Karl Rove appointee turned down the increase of charges. This is so sad.
KUSA – 9Wants to Know has learned three men in Denver planned to assassinate U.S. Senator Barack Obama during the Democratic National Convention in Denver by sneaking into one of his events and shooting him with a gun hidden inside of a camera, according to federal court records.
Nathan Johnson’s girlfriend, whom 9NEWS is not naming because she’s a juvenile, said it would have to be a suicide mission.
The plot is similar to that in the 1992 movie “The Bodyguard” starring actors Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston. In the movie, Costner stops an assassination attempt against Houston by spotting a weapon hidden inside a gutted-out TV camera.
Johnson, Shawn Adolf and Tharin Gartrell all thought that Obama had a suite in the third floor of the Hyatt hotel, where they were staying. In fact, the Senator was staying in another Denver Hotel.
The men were doing methamphetamine inside the hotel with two women on Aug. 23 discussing the plot to kill Obama, according to federal records.
Adolf said “it would not matter if he killed Senator Obama because police would simply add a murder charge to his pending charges,” according to the records. There were seven outstanding warrants for Adolf’s arrest.
The underage woman told law enforcement that Adolf also talked about using “a high-powered rifle 22-250 from a high vantage point” to shoot Senator Obama during his acceptance speech at INVESCO Field at Mile High during the DNC…
When police searched the hotel rooms and cars the men were using, they confiscated meth, needles, laptops, cell phones, a black mask, books indicating check fraud and forgery, bags of new clothes, tactical pants and bar coupons.
Based on the evidence, FBI special agent Robert Sawyer believed there was probable cause to charge the men with conspiracy to kill Senator Obama. However, US Attorney Troy Eid last week said there is insufficient evidence to indicate a true threat, plot or conspiracy against the senator.
These guys were planning to carry out an assassination. When you have more than 1 person, you have a conspiracy to commit a crime. Why aren’t the proper charges being applied here? They have some nerve to say that there was insufficient evidence to indicate a true threat. The FBI has testimony indicating they were planning on shooting Obama. For BushCo, crimes against Democrats aren’t crimes. This isn’t the United States of America, it’s the United States of the Far Right. I hope no one commits a crime against you, because you never know, they might not care about you if you don’t share the same beliefs. Whatever happened to our pluralist society?
The US could be planning an air strike that would take place in just a few weeks. I would not be shocked if this was the case. It also wouldn’t surprise me if BushCo decided to do this because they think it will help out their “war hero” McCain. I think the American people are smarter than this and see that we need change in the White House, and McCain is not that change. At least I hope they can see through this charade. From The Jerusalem Post:
The Dutch intelligence service, the AIVD, has called off an operation aimed at infiltrating and sabotaging Iran’s weapons industry due to an assessment that a US attack on the Islamic Republic’s nuclear program is imminent, according to a report in the country’s De Telegraaf newspaper on Friday.
The report claimed that the Dutch operation had been “extremely successful,” and had been stopped because the US military was planning to hit targets that were “connected with the Dutch espionage action.”
The impending air-strike on Iran was to be carried out by unmanned aircraft “within weeks,” the report claimed, quoting “well placed” sources.
The Jerusalem Post could not confirm the De Telegraaf report.
Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan will publish a memoir in April titled “What Happened.” In an excerpt posted by his publisher, McClellan implicates “the President himself” in the Valerie Plame scandal:
“The most powerful leader in the world had called upon me to speak on his behalf and help restore credibility he lost amid the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. So I stood at the White house briefing room podium in front of the glare of the klieg lights for the better part of two weeks and publicly exonerated two of the senior-most aides in the White House: Karl Rove and Scooter Libby.
“There was one problem. It was not true.
“I had unknowingly passed along false information. And five of the highest ranking officials in the administration were involved in my doing so: Rove, Libby, the vice President, the President’s chief of staff, and the president himself.”
McClellan, who orchestrated the White House’s stonewalling of the investigation into the leak, later said he was lied to by those directly involved.
I doubt these e-mails will ever see the light of day. They will claim they’ve been destroyed and have no record of any of these e-mails. The American public will probably just let them get away with lies once again. It’s sad really. The Republicans know they can get away with anything so they do what they want.
A federal judge Monday ordered the White House to preserve copies of all its e-mails, a move that Bush administration lawyers had argued strongly against.
U.S. District Judge Henry Kennedy directed the Executive Office of the President to safeguard the material in response to two lawsuits that seek to determine whether the White House has destroyed e-mails in violation of federal law.
In response, the White House said it has been taking steps to preserve copies of all e-mails and will continue to do so. The administration is seeking dismissal of the lawsuits brought by two private groups, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive.
The organizations allege the disappearance of 5 million White House e-mails. The court order issued by Kennedy, an appointee of President Clinton, is directed at maintaining backup tapes which contain copies of White House e-mails.
The Federal Records Act details strict standards prohibiting the destruction of government documents including electronic messages, unless first approved by the archivist of the United States.
Justice Department lawyers had urged the courts to accept a proposed White House declaration promising to preserve all backup tapes.
“The judge decided that wasn’t enough,” said Anne Weismann, an attorney for CREW, which has gone to court over secrecy issues involving the Bush administration and has pursued ethical issues involving Republicans on Capitol Hill.
The judge’s order “should stop any future destruction of e-mails, but the White House stopped archiving its e-mail in 2003 and we don’t know if some backup tapes for those e-mails were already taped over before we went to court. It’s a mystery,” said Meredith Fuchs, a lawyer for the National Security Archive.
CREW and the National Security Archive are seeking to force the White House to immediately explain in court what happened to its e-mail, an issue that first surfaced nearly two years ago in the leak probe of administration officials who disclosed Valerie Plame’s CIA identity to reporters.
Special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald revealed early in 2006 that relevant e-mails could be missing because of an archiving problem at the White House.
The White House has provided little public information about the matter, saying that some e-mails may not have been automatically archived on a computer server for the Executive Office of the President and that the e-mails may have been preserved on backup tapes.
The White House has said that its Office of Administration is looking into whether there are e-mails that were not automatically archived and that if there is a problem, the necessary steps will be taken to address it.
Kennedy issued the order following recommendations to do so by a federal magistrate who held a hearing on the matter.
“We will study the court’s order and the magistrate’s recommendations,” said White House spokesman Scott Stanzel. “However, the Office of Administration has been taking steps to maintain and preserve backup tapes for the official e-mail system. We have provided assurances to the plaintiffs and to the court that these steps were being taken. We will continue preserving the tapes in compliance with the court’s order.” Source: CNN